I have never done a get to know me post but love reading them on other bloggers pages. Its one of the first things I seem to go to, this is most likely just down to pure nosiness. Im always intrigued to know who the person behind the screen is, this year I have really gotten into reading new blogs and i have been so surprised by the varied backgrounds bloggers come from. Its always fascinating to find out why they started blogging, their background etc. You might be wondering why I chose the number 23? Well its not as random as it seems because its my birthday and i’m turning…you guessed it…23!! Im still in my early 20s but I’m starting to get to that slow down the years are going to fast stage. So without rambling further here it goes!
- Whats your name? Yvonne
- What age are you? 23 (just!)
- Where are you from? Galway (West of Ireland)
- Where do you live? I have been living in Toulouse, France for the last year but am back in Galway now.
- When did you start blogging? I started blogging in June 2016
- Why did you start blogging? I had just moved to France and thought a blog would be a great way to share my adventures and act as diary that I could come back and read later
- Where does your blog name come from? My dog is to thank for the name :’D Indie is my gorgeous cocker spaniel, the name came from my brother, he just liked it and Lily is because we got Indie as a puppy from a family in Athlone, it turns out their house was just beside my late great aunts house. I just think its such a pretty name haha
- What do you blog about? Indie and Lily is a travel, fashion and lifestyle blog. I share my adventure across Europe and South America, outfit posts and advice about living abroad/ college.
- Whats the best thing about blogging? Blogging has given me back my creative side, writing content, taking photos and working on my website allow me to get creative and have fun. Also I love interacting with other bloggers and hope to get more involved this year in the Irish blogging community.
- Whats your ‘day job’? I have just started an internship for the summer but have yet to start a ‘career’.
- Did you go to college/ What did you study? I studied Law in NUIG and graduated last year, I studied French aswell and spent my erasmus year in Aix en Provence. Last year I moved back to Toulouse and spent the year studying international realtions, european studies and politics.
- Where have you lived? Galway, Aix en Provence and Toulouse
- How many languages do you speak? English (:p) French (not quite fluent but getting there), Irish (as much as any Irish person haha) and I’m learning Brazilian Portuguese!
- Whats your favourite hobby? When I was younger my favourite hobby used to be to plan outfits and take pictures, I should have started a blog then, I would have been way ahead of the game! Getting dressed up, doing my make up is still a hobby (it counts!). Otherwise I love travelling and try to get away often!
- How many countries have you visited? 16 across three different continenets
- where would you like to visit next? Cinq terre has been on my list for quite a while now but to add a new country to my list I’d love to visit Budapest in Hungary, it looks amazing
- What or who inspires you to travel? My parents loved brining us on family holidays when we were younger so I got a taste of travel from a young age, now since I moved to France and met my boyfriend we love to visit as many new countries as possible
- If you had unlimited funds where would you go? If money was no object I would travel the world, starting in Europe, across Asia, down Africa , around Oceania, up South America and and across the US stopping in New York…a world wide trip that would take years!
- what has been your favourite destination? I can’t pick one but the most wow inducing was Rio de Janeiro, and Croatia has a special place in my heart!
- What’s next for the blog? I want to add more destinations to the travel section including more of Ireland. The fashion section is going to grow now that I have access to Penneys again! As for living abroad/ college advice …wait and see.
- Whats next for you? That one I’m keeping to myself for now, but I’ll let you in on that soon!
- What was the best thing that happened while you were 22? Graduating from law, living in France, graduating from my post grad! It was a good year
- How does it feel to be 23? For the first time I want my birthdays to slow down, I know I’m not old at all but it’s still scary to be getting through my 20s so fast!
So that’s me summed up! Here’s to another year of blogging, learning and new experiences 🙂